We are a Quality Gemstone Supplier and offer Fine Gems and Diamonds from around the World.
You can trust our gems are the finest available.
Hello, First of all I would like to thank you for visiting AwesomeGems.com. Next, to tell you a little about us, let me start by saying we have been selling fine gemstones and custom made jewelry on the internet since 1995. In other words we are one of the very first on the web, giving us extensive experience in assisting our customers online.
Our business office is located in Santa Barbara County, California. Since we do business exclusively on the internet, we save our customers from paying the high prices in expensive brick and mortar jewelry stores. We keep our overhead as low as possible and pass the savings on to you, our customer. Ordering is easy and safe when using the buy buttons, but if you feel more comfortable you can phone us at (805) 735-7103 to place your order. We only sell Top Quality Natural Gems that one would find in the Best of the Best Jewelry Stores.
When you place an order using our 'Buy Now' and 'Add to Cart' buttons your order will be processed through a secure independent credit card processor (PayPal or Square). Most major credit cards are accepted. PayPal and Square are the safest, most reliable and secure payment credit card processors there are, giving you peace of mind buying online and when dealing with us. The only exception to using Paypal or Square is when the item you selected is over $10,000.00 USD. You will note that large purchases will still have our 'Buy Now" button, but it will direct you to our Online Order page where we ask you for your Name, email address, etc. When you fill in the required info we send you an Invoice that will include instructions on how to send your payment via Bank Wire. Bank wire is the absolute safest payment method there is for large purchases.
Our seasoned gem buyer hand picks each and every gem we offer, coming direct from the source. This allows us to know for a certainty the exact origin of each gem. We negotiate for the best prices, bringing you the best gems at a price you can afford. You can be comforted in knowing that we have a tremendous background and history in the gem business. We stand behind every gemstone we offer as genuine and natural, and described in the best detail possible.
If you are in the Jewelry Trade, give us a call at (805) 735-7103 to get wholesale pricing.
You can view our gemstone inventory on our AwesomeGems.com website.
Here's what we offer:
1. Top quality COLLECTOR GEMS and DIAMONDS;
2. Top quality ALEXANDRITE, EMERALD, RUBY, STAR RUBY, STAR SAPPHIRE, and COLOR CHANGE SAPPHIRE;
3. Top quality Ceylon SAPPHIRE in all colors like BLUE, PINK, ORANGE, YELLOW, WHITE and PADPARADSCHA;
4. Top quality AMETHYST, CITRINE, GARNET, IOLITE, KUNZITE, MORGANITE, PERIDOT, TOPAZ, and ZIRCON;
5. Top quality TANZANITE, PARAIBA, TOURMALINE, INDICOLITE, RUBELLITE, and SPINEL;
6. We do not offer or sell lab created stones (only natural gemstones);
7. All Gemstones on this website are Natural Gems. Many are "Untreated Gems" which means they are not heat treated or treated in any other way. Some Gems are typically enhanced, such as Tanzanite and Blue Topaz, without treatment these gems would not have the beautiful rich color you have come to know in that gem. All treatments are disclosed in each gems description. Our disclosure of gem enhancement is the form of an enhancement code with a brief description, as well as a link to the full description regarding that enhancement process and the effect it may have on your buying decision.
8. All Gemstones on this website are listed with full descriptions, gem type, weight, measurements, cut, color, clarity, origin, and disclosure of the enhancement code.
9. All our stones pass rigid testing standards before we accept them, so you can rest assured you are buying the best, I doubt you could buy the caliber and quality gemstones we feature at a better price, even if you were to travel to the Countries of origin. If you don't see what you're looking for, simply send us an eMail and we'll see if we can obtain it for you. We normally ask for a small deposit to start a search, but your deposit is fully refundable (less any shipping expenses that we may incurr) if we are unable to get you the gem you desire.
Please don't confuse us with those TV shopping networks, or foreign gem websites. We don't sell commercial grade gems as sold on those venues. They may advertise their gems at a too good to be true price, and that's typically what it is... "to good to be true". Remember, "you get what you pay for!", and unfortunately all too often the public is duped with the false claims and statements.
Foreign gem websites don't have to comply with FTC disclosure laws, so they can (and do) tell you anything to get your money. I have even had customers tell me that they were told there is no difference in the value of a treated gem vs: an untreated gem. That's just ridiculous! It doesn't take very much intelligence to understand that this couldn't possibly be true. The reality is that most often they are selling heavily treated diffused gems, telling you they are natural (well, part of that is true, it started out to be natural, then they enhance the heck out of it to the point it's not natural anymore).
We sell only TOP QUALITY GEMSTONES... get the real Awesome Gem you long for, and at a great price too.
Our many satisfied customers verify that we offer the best quality gemstones, and great service, as verified by our great Better Business Bureau Rating.
When it comes to Appraisals I can't guarantee you'll get double or triple your money's worth an with an Independent Appraisal for the Insured Replacement Value since it really depends on the particular gem, how we were able to buy it, and how much we can offer it for. For example, one recent customer purchased a gem for $27,000 from us, sent it for an Independent Appraisal, and the Insured Replacement Value was $75,000, almost three times the price he paid; whereas another customer purchased a gem for $6,000 from us, and the Insured Replacement Value was $8,000, or around 25% more than the price he paid. The first case sounds good, but it's not necessarily better than the second, since the Insurance Industry will only pay what the Actual Replacement Cost is at the time of a loss, not the Insured Replacement Value. So, the higher Appraisal is not necessarily better than one closer to the Actual Selling Price. Premiums are based on the Appraised Value, so if that Insured Replacement Value is unrealistically high, you are really throwing money away to pay a high premium on what will only pay the Actual Replacement Cost.
We do offer Independent Gem Reports on most Diamonds, Alexandrite, Emeralds, Rubies, and Sapphires as well as other Collector Gems in the high end category. Many of our gems have an Independent Gem Report on them, and the related cost is included in the price of the gem. Some other gems will have our in-house Gem Report, and this too is included in the price. Others have no report at all, but in any case, if would like a report from an Independent Gem Lab, we'll be happy to provide one for you. These reports are at an additional cost, however. Independent Gem Reports are a non-refundable expense, and they start at $100.00 and go up, depending on the lab requested and degree of the report desired. If our in-house Gem Report will satisfy you, we provide them as a courtesy, so they are free of charge. We will also be happy to provide at no cost to you a "Statement of Sale and Evaluation for Insurance". This report is for insurance purposes, and accepted by most all Insurance companies. If you would like this report, however, please request it at the time of sale. This document is an "in-house" Report that includes specific details on the Gem and/or Jewelry Item with a "Current Replacement Cost" for Insurance purposes. The "Current Replacement Cost" is not an overstated Retail Replacement Price or inflated Insured Replacement Value, rather it is your actual purchase price.
Here are links to Accredited Gem Labs and Appraisers:
If you don't find what you're looking for on your first visit, eMail your request, join our Mailing List, or "Like" us on Facebook, or just keep checking back... new gems are added on a regular basis. If you see what you like... and it is available, don't hesitate to place your order, it might not be there next time you visit. Call us at 1-805-735-7103 if you would like us to put a "Hold" on any gem for a 48 hour period. This will allow you to make payment arrangements, and give you guaranteed availability of that particular gemstone.
Thank You Very Much for taking an interest in our website,
Are you are looking to sell a gemstone, jewelry item, gold, silver, or platinum? Visit our special FAQ page with links to buyers, auctioneers, etc. so we hope this will be of help.
SAFE DELIVERY GUARANTEED | PRODUCT SATISFACTION GUARANTEED | RETURN REQUIREMENTS
OUT OF STOCK ITEMS | SUBSTITUTIONS | JEWELRY | PAYMENT INFO | DELIVERY CHARGES
1 SAFE DELIVERY GUARANTEED*
Gem and Jewelry Orders are shipped by
United Parcel Service (UPS) or Federal Express (FedEx), Fully Insured, and
require an adult's signature upon receipt. If you require special delivery
services, please request these at the time you place your order.
We track each shipment until it is received and signed for. We normally
call you to make sure you received it, but in the case we can't reach you
by phone we will email a request to acknowledge receipt of the shipment.
If you receive a box that has visible signs of DAMAGE or TAMPERING, make
sure you have the delivery person fill out a damage report and NOTIFY US
IMMEDIATELY. We will give specific instructions. We will take care of the
insurance claim ONLY if you FOLLOW OUR INSTRUCTIONS.
*See "Safe Delivery Guarantee footnotes" below
2 PRODUCT SATISFACTION GUARANTEED**
All the Gemstones and Jewelry
items featured on our website "awesomegems.com" that are in our stock carry
our Full Customer Satisfaction, Money-Back Guarantee** We want you to be
completely thrilled with your purchase, so if you are not absolutely pleased
with any item... within Seven (7) days of receipt... simply return the item(s)
for a full-refund.**
**See full details on the "Product Satisfaction Guarantee footnotes" below.
3 RETURN REQUIREMENTS*** To return merchandise, you must :
We reserve the right to either refuse your return, or charge a restocking fee on :
4 OUT OF STOCK ITEMS If an item ordered is temporarily out of stock, we will notify you as soon as possible. If the item will return to stock within 30 days, you can wait and we'll ship as soon as that item returns to stock... or, we will give you a full refund on that item. If an item is marked online as "On Backorder", this means we don't know when that particular item will return to stock, so if that item is in your order, we will give you a full refund on that item since it will be unable to be filled. If paying by bank wire, we will advise you to withhold payment on backordered items.
5 SUBSTITUTIONS Unless you specify otherwise, we will never substitute anything.
6 JEWELRY We can custom manufacture almost any setting you may want. If have a specific setting in mind, and have a photo or sketch, and would like us to build it using one or more of our gems, send us an eMail with your details and we will send you our best price to manufacture the piece to your specifications. After we receive your approval we email an Invoice with a PAY button for your convenience. Once we receive your payment, we ship the gemstone(s) selected from our In-Stock Inventory for your approval. After we receive your approval to proceed, and you return the gem(s) to us, the manufacturing time and process begins. Our jewelers are Master Bench Jewelers with many years experience in custom manufacture of all types and styles of jewelry, and well qualified and experienced in working with the finest of gemstones. All Custom manufactured jewelry items are non-refundable custom orders (see below: Refund and Exchange Policy, 3) Custom Made Items).
In addition to our custom manufactured jewelry, you can request a pre-manufactured mountings from thousands of selections in our Jewelry Showcase. When we receive your quote request we call you for additional info that may be needed as well as to answer any questions you may have, we then email an Invoice with a PAY button for your convenience. All Jewelry Showcase orders are non-refundable custom orders (see below: Refund and Exchange Policy, 3) Custom Made Items, and/or, 4) Special Order Items).
Start your selection process with top quality gems in our awesomegems.com catalog, our black box gem catalog, and diamond catalog, then select a custom jewelry item using our huge jewelry catalog. If you have diamond(s) and/or gemstone(s) you want us to use, please eMail for instructions before sending them. We treat every customer provided diamond(s) and/or gemstone(s) with the greatest care possible, maintaining safe storage until it is returned to you in your finished piece. As a disclaimer, we must say that when you do send your diamond(s) and/or gemstone(s), you are acknowledging that we are not responsible for any damage to, or loss of, your customer owned diamond(s) and/or gemstone(s). We strongly recommend having an insurance policy in place to cover against damage, or loss perils. When you send us your diamond(s) and/or gemstone(s) we require a signed acknowledgment and release of liability before we can proceed with any work.
Our In-Stock Jewelry is offered at the price as listed online. Custom Made Jewelry, however, is subject to the Gold / Platinum / Silver Markets, and thereby subject to a price variable since it is subject to change Spot Prices according to the market. You can request an Online Quote for Custom Made items using our custom jewelry catalog. If you need this assistance email us.
7 PAYMENT INFO We use PayPal and Square as our credit card processors, accepting Major Credit Cards, Debit Cards, and Checks. You do not have to have an account with either of these processors to complete your purchase. The exception to Paypal or Square is when the cost of an item is $10,000.00 or more, and in those larger purchases we require payment via Bank Wire. Security is our priority, we do not collect or store your billing info. All transactions are processed via a totally secure enviornment. We also have Lay Away Plans available, tailored to your specific needs. Payment in full is required before we ship your order and/or manufacture Custom Items.
Credit and Debit Cards:
Major Credit Cards accepted include Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover
Once your order is successfully processed, we ship within 24-48 hours.
If you prefer to use your Personal or Company Check, give us a call at (805) 735-7103 and we will send you an Invoice. You can them mail in your payment and once we are notified your check cleared, we ship your order within 24-48 hours.
Bank Wire transfer is a protection for all parties and payment is normally received the next business day. Bank Wire is required for purchases over $10,000.00 USD.
You will note that items over $10,000.00 USD will still have our 'Buy Now" button, but when clicked you will be directed to our Online Order page where we ask you for your Name, email address, etc. When you fill in the required info, we send you an Invoice that will include instructions on how to send your payment via Bank Wire. Bank wire is the absolute safest payment method there is for large purchases. Your bank can explain how a wire transfer works.
8 DELIVERY CHARGES See the Shipping & Handling charges listed on the order form for the item you are ordering.
Lay Away Plans:
We can arrange a convenient Lay Away Plan on any in-stock* item. If you are interested in a Lay Away plan, please send us an eMail request or call us at (805) 735-7103
- We work with you to arrange monthly payments you can afford, based on your needs. Terms are typically the total due, divided into equal monthly payments. The amount of the monthly payments due will depend on 1) the purchase total, and 2) what you tell us you can afford monthly. We can arrange plans starting at a minimum of a 3 month term, to a maximum of a 12 month term.
- Example: Let's say the total purchase is $6,000.00. If you can afford $1,000.00 per month, the term will be 6 months. If you can afford $500.00 per month, the term will be 12 months.
- Our Lay Away plans require a negotiated non-refundable deposit and negotiated payments that are due on a regular monthly basis.
- Once a Payment Plan is agreed upon we email an Invoice with a Pay button to allow you to pay with your business or personal check, debit card, or credit card. Processing is through PayPal.
- Your first Invoice will reference the price of the in-stock* item being purchased, shipping cost, and our 5% processing fee to cover our processing costs. That Invoice will also list your Lay Away Payment amounts and due dates for each payment due.
- When we receive your deposit, it become non-refundable on your account, so please do not use our Lay Away plan unless you intend to complete your purchase.
- After your Lay Away account is opened, we allow a 10 day grace period to make scheduled payments. If we have not received said payment amount due within the grace period, your account will be canceled and the remaining Invoice amount will become due and payable in full within 30 days.
- Should your account be canceled due to non-payment per your agreed upon terms in the Lay Away Plan, or should you request weclose your account for any reason, all the following applies:
- The non-refundable deposit on the Lay Away account will be forfeited.
- A 25% restocking fee will be applied to funds exceeding the non-refundable deposit and funds remaining will be converted to a 30-day in-store credit.
- Our in-store credit is valid for a purchase any other in-stock* item in our Inventory.
- After the 30-day in-store credit expires, any/all funds remaining in the in-store credit account will be forfeited.
- Our "Full Customer Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee" does not apply to Lay Away items.
- Our goal is to arrange Lay Away terms to your satisfaction, but we have to say all the above anyway.
* 1 - Safe Delivery Guarantee Footnotes:
Gem and Jewelry Orders shipped by Federal Express (FedEx) or United Parcel Service (UPS) will require an adult's signature upon receipt. We track each shipment until it is received and signed for. Our liabilities for safe delivery guaranteed will cease and you assume the liability for any shipment once the package is confirmed delivered.
- Packages accepted and/or signed for by a doorman, building representative, or a company you requested we ship to, are considered to be a confirmed delivery, and therefore liabilities will rest between you, the recipient, and the individual that accepted and/or signed for your parcel, not with Awesomegems and/or Rodrigue Co.
- Packages left at an address because the recipient has a "Signature Release" on file with the shipper, are considered to be a confirmed delivery, and therefore our liabilities for safe delivery guaranteed cease and you assume the liability when we have delivery confirmation from the shipper.
- We highly recommend you check with FedEx and/or UPS to make sure you DO NOT have a "Signature Release" on file. Our liability terminates once a package is confirmed as delivered by the shipper, and this includes packages left at an address because the recipient has such a "Signature Release" on file with the shipper. Please note that a "Signature Release" is not specific to one shipment and can remain on a particular address for up to ten (10) years. This means if you or anyone in your household ever told your FedEx or UPS driver it was ok to leave a shipment at your door without a signature, you gave him a "Signature Release" that is still on file, and you must to call 1-800-GO-FEDEX and/or 1-800-SHIP-UPS and cancel your "Signature Release" that is on file for our Safe Delivery Guarantee to be valid.
- Orders for Gem/Jewelry "Supplies" are shipped by U.S. Postal Service Insured Priority Mail (or UPS Ground if requested) and tracked until delivered. The same basic rules as noted above apply for our Safe Delivery Guarantee to be valid. However, US Mail allows packages left in a recipients mailbox or left at the door, and are considered to be a confirmed delivery at that point, therefore our liabilities for safe delivery guaranteed cease and you assume the liability when we have delivery confirmation from the shipper.
- Gems and Jewelry under $500.00 are shipped by U.S. Postal Service or UPS 2-day (or UPS Overnight if requested). These shipments are Fully Insured and tracked until delivered. The same rules as noted above apply for our Safe Delivery Guarantee to be valid.
- Gems and Jewelry over $500.00 are shipped by FedEx or UPS Overnight are Fully Insured and tracked until delivered. The same rules as noted above apply for our Safe Delivery Guarantee to be valid.
- Gems and Jewelry going to APO or FPO addresses can be shipped by U.S. Postal Service Insured Priority Mail (or Registered Mail by special request) and are also tracked until delivered. The same basic rules as noted above apply for our Safe Delivery Guarantee to be valid.
**2 - Product Satisfaction Guarantee Footnotes:
Guarantee In General
Our "Full Customer Satisfaction, Money-Back Guarantee" applies to most everything we sell, make, or repair, within seven (7) days of the date of delivery (*see refund and exchange policy and all exemptions below). This means we guarantee that such things as our gemstones and diamonds are the type and quality we disclosed*, the stones we set won't become loose, and the parts that we made or repaired will not break in the areas in which we worked.
*Exempt Items: we DO NOT guarantee 1) gemstones and/or jewelry items that are described on an independent gemological report, said gemological descriptions become the responsibility of the issuing lab, buyers are encouraged to contact the lab with questions should there be any; and/or 2) any merchandise that has been returned to us and appears to be damaged, and/or appears to have been altered in any way, and/or it appears to be a different item than was originally sent to you, and/or does not match our photographic image in our records, and/or does not match our description of the item.
Refund and Exchange Policy
We give a FULL REFUND (less any shipping, insurance, and handling costs we incurred) on "In Stock"* gems and/or jewelry items in our online catalog only when said item is returned according to our requirements and our Return Shipping as outlined below:
* The term "In Stock" only applies to items that were NOT Custom Cut; Custom Made; Special Order; sold in an Auction; sold in a Sale; sold with Lay Away payments; sold As-Is, or sold as an Estate item.
1) To receive a FULL REFUND (less any shipping, insurance, and handling costs we incurred) you MUST call us for Return Authorization (RA) within seven (7) day of day you received your parcel, and/or your parcel was accepted and signed for, and;
2) To receive a FULL REFUND (less any shipping, insurance, and handling costs we incurred) Returns MUST be postmarked within the seven (7) days we allow for a review period (this means seven (7) days from the day you received your parcel and/or your parcel was accepted and signed for);
Descriptions, exemptions, penalties, processing fees, and refused items as described below also apply.
Penalties and Processing Fees:
a) If you return any "In-Stock"* item(s) without first obtaining a Return Authorization (RA), and/or, your return is postmarked after the seven (7) day review period, we are NOT required to honor your refund request and can refuse acceptance of your return to allow your shipper to return the parcel to you at your cost;
b) If at any time during the (7) day review period you indicated to us either by phone or email that you will be keeping any "In-Stock"* item(s), the sale is considered Final at that time. If at a later point (still within the 7 day review period) you change your mind and decide to return the item(s) and request an RA, we will issue the RA, but your account will incur a charge equal to a minimum of 5% of the invoice amount to reimburse us for our bank costs incurred, in addition your account is charged for any shipping, insurance, and handling costs incurred;
c) If you return any "In-Stock"* item(s) and your shipment is postmarked after the (7) day review period period, we are NOT required to honor your refund request and can refuse your return. If we decide to issue an RA, your account will be charged a minimum of 10% of the invoice amount for bank and restocking costs incurred, in addition your account is charged for shipping, insurance, and handling costs incurred;
d) If you return any "In-Stock"* item(s) paid via bank wire, and all the other terms of our return policy were met, your refund will be the amount of your invoice, less a $100.00 processing fee for bank wire costs incurred, and less shipping, insurance, and handling costs incurred;
e) If you return any "In-Stock"* item(s) and we receive the item(s) in damaged condition, and/or altered from their original condition, and/or they do not match the photo(s) and/or description(s) we have of the item(s), we will NOT honor your refund request and will refuse your return parcel so the shipper returns it to you. (In the event the parcel shows signs of damage that may have occurred during transit, we will contact you so you can file a claim with your shipper, and your refund request will NOT be honored.)
f) If you return any in-stock* item(s) and all of the other terms of our return policy are met, and we receive your item(s) with the original gem box, jewelry presentation box, storage bag, or jewelry tag missing, damaged, or altered, your account will be charged a replacement fee for the missing, damaged, or altered item(s), in addition your account will be charged shipping, insurance, and handling costs incurred;
g) If you return any "In-Stock"* item(s) and they were originally accompanied by a gem report, and/or a jewelry report, and the report is missing, damaged, or altered, your account will be charged a replacement fee for the missing, damaged, or altered item(s), in addition your account will be charged shipping, insurance, and handling costs incurred;
h) If you return any "In-Stock"* item(s) that was given a Cash discount we will NOT give a refund and will refuse your return parcel so the shipper will return the parcel to you at your cost. Due to their nature all sales that received a Cash discount are considered Cash sales are therefore all sales of this nature are considered Final;
i) If you return any Custom Made item, Special Order item, Auction Item, Sale item, Estate Item, Lay Away item, or As-Is item we will NOT give a refund, exchange, or alter these items, and will refuse your return parcel so the shipper returns it to you at your cost. Due to their nature all Custom Made items, Special Order items, Auction Items, Sale items, Estate Items, Lay Away items, or As-Is items are sales that are considered Final when processed and delivered to you, the customer, or your representative;
j) Descriptions, exemptions, processing fees, and refused items as described below also apply;
3) Custom Made Items
A. We will NOT exchange, alter, or give refunds for any item listed below,
Due to their nature all sales are considered Final:
a. Custom cast items from wax, either a showcase wax or hand carved,
and/or handmade items whether fabricated or cast.
b. Gems that were in-stock and Custom Re-Cut to customers specifications.
EXCEPTION: In the following cases we may alter or remake the item :
i). If the item you received is definitely not a close facsimile to the item we agreed to build as described in drawings, photos, and/or a written estimate with text, and/or if the item was not approved by you in an email, fax, or postal mail, which also includes verbal instructions and/or descriptions from you, all of which become amendments to the approved estimate. So to understand this correctly, we will not exchange, alter, or give a refund for any item, including the gemstones(s) and/or diamond(s) used, that we built for you, if the design and/or specifications were in any way approved by you to be built. At the time you approved it, you agreed to buy it.
ii). and, when a return authorization (RO or RA) is requested by you, and given by us, within seven (7) days of your receipt of the item.
4) Special Order Items
B. We will NOT exchange or give a refund on any item listed below.
Due to their nature all sales are considered Final:
*Diamonds & Gemstones
a). Jewelry item(s) that were Special Ordered from an outside vendor (not an in-stock item), to fill a special request from a customer.
b). Gemstone item(s) that were Special Ordered from an outside vendor (not an in-stock item), to fill a special request from a customer.
c). Gold and Platinum item(s) such as chains, bracelets, and/or omegas are Special Ordered from an outside vendor (not an in-stock item) and considered special order items.
5) Auction Items, Sale Items, Lay Away Items, As-Is Items, and Estate Items
C. We will NOT exchange or give a refund on any item that was sold in an Auction, Sale,
Lay Away, As-Is, or as an Estate item. Due to their nature all sales are considered Final.
a). Unless the item is definitely not the item we described in drawings, photos, and/or text.
Exceptions: When there are extenuating circumstances, and if we do decide to accept your return, we may do any of the following... 1) give you a full in-house store credit toward a future purchase, OR, 2) give you a partial in-house store credit toward a future purchase. If we do offer you an in-house store credit toward a future purchase, we require you to use the in-store credit within thirty (30) days of our agreement to issue the credit, since in-house store credits become void after 30 days.
6) Refused Items
D. If the merchandise you ordered was shipped to an address you specified at the time of the order, and the shipment is Refused and/or Delivery was Not Accepted when delivery was attempted, regardless of the reason, our Safe Delivery Guarantee is invalid and we are not liable for the Safe Return of the merchandise. Our liabilities for safe delivery guaranteed will cease and you assume the liability for any shipment after delivery was attempted and subsequently Refused and/or Not Accepted. A shipment returned to us by Delivery Refusal is treated the same as you were shipping by a method without our express permission, and you assume all risk. *See "Safe Delivery Guarantee footnotes" We will NOT give a full refund on any merchandise that is returned by delivery refusal. Please simply accept the delivery and call for Return Authorization, rather than refuse to accept delivery. **See full details on the "Product Satisfaction Guarantee footnotes" ***See full details on the "Return Shipping Requirements"
a) In the event we receive a shipment that was Refused and/or Not Accepted, you will be charged the additional return shipping costs (normally double the original shipping/handling amount noted on your invoice);
b) In the event we receive a shipment that was Refused and/or Not Accepted, and the merchandise was a Custom made, Special Order, Sale, Estate, Lay Away, or As-Is Item, we will NOT give a full or partial refund on the merchandise that is returned by delivery refusal. We will notify you and hold the item for 30 days, awaiting your shipping instructions. Due to their nature, all Custom made, Special Order, Sale, Estate, Lay Away, or As-Is Items are considered Final Sales with No Refunds, No Exceptions.
c) In the event we receive a return shipment that was Refused and/or Not Accepted, and the merchandise was one or more Diamond(s), Gemstone(s), or Finished piece(s) of in-stock Jewelry, we reserve the right to charge a minimum of 25% restocking fee, in addition to the extra return shipping costs (normally double the original shipping/handling amount noted on your invoice).
1. We strongly suggest insuring your jewelry with a homeowners type insurance policy that will pay for loss and/or damage to jewelry, should damage or loss occur. No gemstone, including a diamond, can be guaranteed not to break, chip, scratch, or fracture. We therefore DO NOT guarantee that a diamond or gemstone, after the date of delivery, will not chip, break, scratch, or fracture, and as a result become loose and/or fall out.
2. If you will be sending us your diamond(s) or gemstone(s) to use in building a jewelry item, we require you to download and mail our release and authorization along with your stone(s) via registered mail. We will treat the item with the greatest care possible and maintain safe storage when the item is not undergoing inspection and/or work, however, we do not accept responsibility for any damage to, or loss of any customer owned diamond(s) and/or gemstone(s). In the event we receive a diamond and/or gemstone that is damaged, chipped, broken, or has large inclusions or imperfections, we will probably inform you, the customer, and return said item to you. If you send us a written authorization, we can for additional cost send said items to a lapidary for re-cutting prior to proceeding with any repair or installation work. In any event, however, we will not be held responsible for any damage to, or loss of, any customer owned diamond(s) and/or gemstone(s).
*Specific Item Guarantees
1. All rings sold are GUARANTEED to the size listed, or size requested*. We will assist customers in sizing by sending a size gauge, if requested, however, the customer assumes all responsibility for supplying the correct ring size. If the size requested was different from the ring size shipped and it is incorrect, we will resize the customer's ring at NO CHARGE within 7 DAYS from the Date of Delivery.
*If the ring was a Sale Item, Estate Item, Lay Away Item, and/or an As-Is Item and you would prefer a different size than the size listed, if ordered at the time of sale there is an additional charge (see minimum fees below), if ordered after the sale we will charge to resize the ring, plus insured shipping.
*The ring size on a ring will not change, but because a customer's finger can become larger or smaller because of diet, medication, the weather, or weight change, we only guarantee ring sizing for seven (7) days from the date of delivery of the ring.
2. If we size a ring to the customer's requested size, but the size was ordered incorrectly and does not fit properly, we will charge again to size the ring. (Example: The customer requests a size 6 and we make it a 6 and it's too loose, or too tight, we will charge to resize the ring, plus insured shipping).
3. We can only guarantee our ring sizing from our standard sizing gauge. If you send us a ring, or any other type of gauge, and ask us to size the new ring the same, we will do our best to match the size, however, we cannot guarantee it will be accurate. In the event it does not fit properly, we will charge to resize the ring, plus insured shipping.
Tightening & Checking
4. Tightening stones: We suggest a program of having your fine jewelry checked on a regular basis (according to wear) so it can be cleaned, but most importantly check and tighten any loose stones. We do charge a small fee for this service. We DO NOT warranty against stone loosening again once they are tightened. If we detect damage or excessive wear to the prongs, and or other parts on the Jewelry, we will not do any work on the piece. Instead we will notify you.
5. "Checking Links" - When asked to "check links" on rivets, chains, bracelets, clasps, etc., we can not guarantee their loss or durability. Many items can not be checked without taking them completely apart. This will cause the item to have to be repaired just because of the disassembly. Many items that are wearing "OK" today may have a problem days or weeks later. We can only guarantee items that we actually repaired, not ones that we visually inspect.
6. Re-tipped prongs on stones - It is not our practice to re-tip (repair tips or prongs). We ONLY guarantee loss of stones on items that we actually re-set the stones in "new" mountings when we deem it necessary to repair the prongs or tips. If you request a re-tip only, and we agree to perform the work, we DO NOT warranty against stone loss. We strongly suggest insuring your jewelry with a homeowners type insurance policy that will pay for loss and/or damage to jewelry, should damage or loss occur.
7. If you are not satisfied with a Custom Made Item, and within 7 days of the date of delivery you request it remade or altered, and it meets the exception requirements noted in the Refund and Exchange Policy 3. A. a) i) above, we have the option of either altering, remaking, or giving you a full or partial refund on the custom made portion of the item as follows :
There will be no additional charges to alter or remake an item except those that would have been incurred by the customer in the beginning. (Example: If a customer who spent $1,500 to have an item made, and the item received is definitely not a close facsimile to the item that was agreed upon to build, and within 7 days of the date of delivery the customer is not totally satisfied and requests an alteration or remake of the item, but it would have cost $2,500 to make it the way the customer wanted in the beginning, then the additional charge would be the difference, or a total of $1,000, plus insured shipping, to alter or remake the item).
8. After 7 days of the date of delivery, if we agree to alter or remake the item, there will be a charge equal to our regular labor rates to alter and/or remake a new item.
9. If we make or sell something that is used as a gift, and this item is returned by anyone other than the original buyer, and gift falls into one of the following categories, a refund WILL NOT be issued:
a). Cast items from wax
b). Items specially ordered for the customer from an outside vendor.
c). Handmade items.
d). Custom or stock items that have been altered in any way, including resizing.
e). Items that are returned after 7 days of the date of receipt of the item.
10. If the item was a Custom made item, we may remake the item for the person receiving at our regular labor rates to alter and/or remake a new item. There will be no credit issued for the labor spent to initially build the item.
11. If the item was specially ordered from an outside vendor in a custom size or style, we will NOT exchange or give a refund on the item.
Repair and Checking & Tightening Policy
Here's our policy on Repairs as well as Checking and Tightening stones.
We CHARGE a fee to do this so that you can minimize an inevitable loss that may occur.
NOTE: Please use US Postal Insured shipping when sending items to us (See "Return Shipping and Insurance policy"). We are not responsible for damage or loss to your shipment to us and/or the costs related to return shipping the item to you. After we complete the work requested we require payment for the cost of the Insured shipping method you prefer to have the item returned to you, prior to returning the item to you.
Before a repair, we remove and/or exercise special care with stones that can't take heat, like:1. CABOCHON STONES;Whenever we remove a stone to make a repair, we replace the prong mounting with a new one, rather than fatigue the metal by bending it back, so as a result there are additional mounting replacement fees that apply.
2. HEAT TREATED GEMSTONES;
3. A RUBY OR GEMSTONE THAT IS:
b): Very poor quality;
4. A DIAMOND THAT:
a). Has visible inclusions to the eye;
b) is a Clarity Enhanced Diamond;
And gemstones valued by the customer at over $1,000.00.
*Items NOT Guaranteed
1. Glued items.
3. Lead solders that do not have a special "patch" support.
4. Gold or Rhodium plating.
5. Loss or damage of any stone, we strongly suggest insuring your jewelry with a homeowners type insurance policy that will pay for loss and/or damage to jewelry, should damage or loss occur.
6. Gold and Platinum Chains and/or Omegas.
*** 3 - Return Shipping Requirements:
Liability for the Safe Return of any merchandise is your responsibility
Please ship using Our Recommended Shipper and obtain insurance that covers loose gemstones and have your parcel FULLY INSURED for the total amount on our invoice. If you return any merchandise and we do not receive the parcel, or if we receive the parcel but the merchandise shows signs of damage in any way, we will not honor your refund request (we will contact you so you can file a claim with your shipper).
Also, If you return any merchandise, and we receive it, and it appears to have any type of damage, and/or it appears to be in an altered condition, and/or it appears to be a different item than was originally sent to you, and/or it does not match our photographic image, and/or it does not match our description of the item, we will not honor your refund and will refuse acceptance of your merchandise so the shipper returns it to you at your cost (this has never happened, but we have to say it anyway).
Our Recommended Shipper:
We strongly recommend - FULLY INSURED U.S. POSTAL REGISTERED MAIL ONLY!
US Postal Registered Mail is the safest way to return of your items.
You can ship by any method you desire, but you need be aware that you are assuming all risks involved with your shipment,
If you have any questions regarding shipping via US Postal Registered Mail Call 1-805-735-7103 or eMail us.
We strongly recommend your shipping label NOT be addressed to "awesomegems", instead please address your parcel to "Rodrigue Company". This is for your added protection against theft within the shipping system. If you requested a Return Authorization (RA), and informed us that you returned merchandise, and we either did not receive it or we received a parcel that does not have your merchandise inside the parcel, this parcel could have been stolen or tampered with during transit. Since you assume all risks related to your shipment, we will not honor your refund request, but we will do what we can to assist you in filing a claim with your shipper.
NOTE: If you ship unmounted loose gemstones or diamonds via FedEx or UPS or other shippers please make sure you have your own insurance coverage, since loose gems are not insurable with FedEx and UPS and some other shippers (their fine print excludes their liability on cash and loose gems over $100 value) and we are NOT liable for the Safe Return of any merchandise, it is totally your responsibility.
it in a large nutshell. How many other businesses let you know their policy
We wrote it down. Now if anyone asks "Do we guarantee this?" We just respond with "It's all online".
Want to be included in our Mailing List ?
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for AwesomeGems.com and applies solely to information collected by this web site.
THIS POLICY WILL NOTIFY YOU OF THE FOLLOWING:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information. Information Collection, Use, and Sharing.
WE ARE THE SOLE OWNERS OF THE INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THIS SITE.
We only have access to collect information that you voluntarily give us via one of our online forms, e-mail, or other direct contact from you.
We will NOT sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding
the reason you contacted us.
We will not share your information with any third party, with exception to PayPal, our credit card processing organization. The company we use to fulfill your request, to be able to ship your order.
If you join our "Mailing List" or "Like" us on Facebook, you will receive our gen updates, specials, new products, and/or services.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
If you do join our "Mailing List", you can opt-out at any time, and we won't contact you again.
You can also request to see what data we have about you, if any, and request that we change/correct any data we have about you. Or, you can request we delete any data we have about you. You can even express concerns you may have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to an independent credit processor for processing. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon on your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page asking you to enter sensitive billing info.
We do not have access to your sensitive information transmitted online as a protection for all your information both online as well as offline. We get an approval or a denial notice from the processor, and if the transaction was approved we only get information regarding the specific items ordered, and your shipping and contact information.
We request information from you on orders exceeding $10,000.00 USD via our order form. To buy from us, as a minimum you must provide contact information (like name, email address, phone number, etc.). This information is used to forward an Invoice to you so we can fill your order. The Invoice will have bank wire instructions so you can forward your payment. If we have trouble processing an order, we'll contact you using the contact information you provided.
Cookies and SPAM
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
740 N. H Street, Suite 170
Lompoc, CA 93436
©Copyright Notice - All Photographic Images and and written materials contained in this site are protected under U.S. Copyright Law. In addition, the word or term 'awesomegems', the awesomegems site, as well as awesomegems content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. All right, title, and interest, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, in and to awesomegems and the site's content, are and will remain the exclusive property of awesomegems and Rodrigue Co. and it's licensors. We do allow you to copy images from this site only if the intended use is for personal use and enjoyment, and not for profit of any sort. It becomes a criminal act whenever a person copies, reproduces, modifies, or prepares derivative works based upon, distribution, licensing, sale, transfer, public display, publicly performed, transmitted, or otherwise use of any of the images or other content on this website, including the term 'awesomegems', the awesomegems site, or anything related, when the intended use is for purposes of commercial advantage or private financial gain. The exception is only when you have our express permission. Violators can be prosecuted. By definition, the federal copyright statute governs the reproduction of works of authorship. In general, works governed by copyright law include such traditional works of authorship as books, photographs, music, drama, video and sculpture, and also software, multimedia, and databases. Copyrighted works are protected regardless of the medium in which they are created or reproduced; thus, copyright extends to digital works and works transformed into a digital format. Copyrighted works are not limited to those that bear a copyright notice. Any person who infringes on copyright material either (1) for purposes of commercial advantage or private financial gain, or (2) by the reproduction or distribution, including by electronic means, of 1 or more copies of 1 or more copyrighted works, can be prosecuted as provided under section 2319 of title 18, United States Code.
All Rights Reserved
Please report problems to the Webmaster